Looking for lossless sound compression code

Subject: Looking for lossless sound compression code
From: Gillespie, Douglas <>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 13:05:45 -0700
I'm looking for lossless sound compression code that I might incorporate
 into a number of real-time sound recording and data analysis programs. Some
 of these record continuously to disk, others store short, variable length,
 sound clips (up to a few thousand samples at most). All my software is
 written in C/C++ for Windows (Borland builder 5). I'm after raw C code or
 static or dynamic libraries - so long as I can legally use them myself and
 share my programs freely to others. I currently store everything in
 uncompressed PCM/WAV format and it's all taking up far too much space.
 Ideally, I'd like to continue to record in formats which might be read by
 other media players rather than in a format that can only be unpacked by my
 own software.

 I'm also interested in getting hold of libraries for lossy formats (i.e.
 mp3), but it's really code for lossless compression that I'm after.

 Many thanks if anyone can help,

 Douglas.

 =====================================
 Douglas Gillespie
 Song of the Whale research team
 International Fund for Animal Welfare
 <a  href=":[EMAIL" rel="nofollow">:[EMAIL</a> PROTECTED]
 web <a  href="http://www.ifaw.org"; rel="nofollow">http://www.ifaw.org</a>

 The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW -- www.ifaw.org) works to
 improve the welfare of wild and domestic animals throughout the world by
 reducing commercial exploitation of animals, protecting wildlife habitats,
 and assisting animals in distress. IFAW seeks to motivate the public to
 prevent cruelty to animals and to promote animal welfare and conservation
 policies that advance the well-being of both animals and people.

 This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein
 and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or
 legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
 notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
 information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY
 PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
 contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in
 electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.