Hawai'i, and archiving bat calls

Subject: Hawai'i, and archiving bat calls
From: Lauren . Golten <>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:55:35 -0800
grateful for any suggestions:

 1. I am headed to Hawai'i (the Big Island) next week. I am interested in
 recording hoary bats, if I can find them. Does anyone know good spot(s) on
 that Island to look/listen for hoaries?  and/or any other information about
 their activity this time of year?

 2. I am beginning to research the procedure for archiving bat calls, in order
 to preserve and curate calls at the University of Colorado's Natural History
 Museum. I would appreciate any information out there on format/procedure for
 archiving sound data.

 Thank you very much for any tips you can provide. Happy solstice and holidays,

 Lauren A. Golten
 Graduate Student
 Assistant, University of Colorado's Natural History Museum
 Boulder, Colorado