Call for Papers

Subject: Call for Papers
From: NF <>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:17:58 -0700
Sorry for multiple or cross postings.  NF.,

 There's one week left for you to send in an abstract of your Paper,
 Work, Report or Presentation.  We're interested in as wide a range of
 topics as possible.

 Plans for the Symposium are progressing well.  We are pleased to add
 Sabine Breitsameter to our guest list thanks to the kind support of the
 Goethe-Institut Inter Nationes.

 Nigel Frayne
 Chair of the Board
 World Forum for Acoustic Ecology

 ********************  call for papers, works, reports
 *************************

                         WORLD FORUM FOR ACOUSTIC ECOLOGY  (WFAE)

                                         International Symposium

                                         - Call for Papers and Projects

                                             19 - 23rd March 2003

                                             Melbourne, Australia
                                         <a  href="http://www.afae.org.au";
rel="nofollow">http://www.afae.org.au</A>

 Call for:
 a) theoretical papers; research reports;
 b) sound art, composition or installation reports;
 c) projects in the fields of design; architecture; urban design;
 environmental planning; economics; politics;
 d) projects in the fields of new media; literature;...

 Acoustic Ecology is a broad and multi-disciplined approach to the study
 of the acoustic environment.  The central issue is the relationship
 between environment and the organisms which inhabit it.  Historically
 sound artists and music practitioners have featured in the dialogue
 around acoustic ecology as they explore their sound world.  There are
 many other people who study and employ the sound medium - engineers,
 scientists, bioacousticians, audiologists, psychologists,
 anthropologists, educators, designers and more.

 The WFAE International Symposium seeks to provide a forum for the
 expression of this diverse range of knowledge, views and expertise and
 thereby find connections between them.  Authors will be required to
 attend the event and should nominate their choice to be refereed or
 non-refereed by an international panel.  Refereed papers will be
 published in the proceedings of the event while publication of
 non-refereed papers will be given consideration by the papers committee.

 Professionals, academics, artists, scientists and others are invited to
 present research, artwork or projects in their field of expertise.
 Authors are encouraged to include clear references to the underlying
 principles of their field of interest as well as the relationship
 between their work and other disciplines within the field of acoustic
 ecology

 ABSTRACTS:
 500 words or less
 (please include a short curriculum vitae)

 FORMAT:
 Plain text or MS Word rtf file

 SEND TO:
 Roger Alsop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>