MULTIVARIATE ANALYSES IN AQUATIC MAMMAL RESEARCH

Subject: MULTIVARIATE ANALYSES IN AQUATIC MAMMAL RESEARCH
From: Salva <>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:52:02 -0700
Dear Listers,

 I am a Spanish ecologist and, at the beginning of next year, will be
 lecturing a workshop on multivariate analyses (PCA & nMDS ordinations, and
 cluster) for assesing ecological patterns, with a focus on aquatic mammals.
 The activity will be held by the Omacha Foundation (Dr Fernando Trujillo) in
 Colombia and all participants will be aquatic mammalogists working in the
 Amazon and the Orinoco systems, some of them being involved in bioacoustic
 behaviour of Inia, Sotalia, and Trichechus inungis.

 Now, I am looking for papers dealing with diferent aspects of aquatic mammal
 research, particularly bioacoustics, and using multivariate aproaches in
 their analyses. These papers will be used as case studies throughout the
 wokshop.

 I would very much appreciate a copy/reprint/pdf file of any of this kind of
 papers you may have published.

 Many thanks indeed.
 Salva

 Salvador Herrando-Pérez