Recent sperm whale papers

Subject: Recent sperm whale papers
From: Dave Mellinger <>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:48:16 -0700
This message is forwarded from Hal Whitehead, [EMAIL PROTECTED] .  Please
 reply to him, not to me.  --Dave Mellinger

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:11:57 +0200
From: Hal Whitehead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 I am just completing the final draft of an academic book on sperm
 whale social structure to be published by the University of Chicago
 Press.  I would like to make the book as up-to-date as possible.  I
 have checked the Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (up to
 2001), messages about recent publications on MARMAM, and the
 most recent issues of Marine Mammal Science and the Journal of
 Cetacean Research and Management.  If anyone knows of any
 recently published or "in press" articles which I might have missed,
 I would be most grateful for a message.  Although the focus of the
 book is social structure, there is also information on related areas
 such as ecology, movements, vocalizations, population biology and
 conservation, and so papers in these areas are also relevant.

 Thanks very much,

 Hal Whitehead, Dalhousie University
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]