birding-aus

Masked Owl Calls

Subject: Masked Owl Calls
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 18:28:40 +1000
G’day folks

I was staying at a cottage on a land for wildlife property close to Stanthorpe
(on the Granite Belt) just north of the NSW border on the weekend.  At around 9
pm on one evening I heard a rather different call which had a good match in the
Masked Owl recordings on the Morcombe app on my phone.

Does anyone know of any nocturnally active animal species that would have a
similar call to a Masked Owl?

Regards, Laurie.
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list