birding-aus

Mystery bird

To: "'Michael Hunter'" <>, "'Philip Veerman'" <>
Subject: Mystery bird
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 11:16:02 +1000
Hi Michael,

WT Gerygones are usually seen as single or paired birds, but occasionally as a
family party.  They often fly in association with other small bird species,
though, so is it possible that the "one small flock" you observed comprised
more than one species?

I can't tell from the photo what bird species it is.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW