birding-aus

Morgan Conservation Park

To: John Harris <>, Steve Read <>
Subject: Morgan Conservation Park
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 00:00:55 +0000

Wow John, that’s a nice list of parrots & cockatoos!!! I miss that about the south-eastern states – not much of a variety of parrots & cockatoos up here around Cairns!!

I’m wrapped and pleasantly surprised to read about the Glossy Black Cockatoos visiting outer SE Melb recently too – is that related to wandering birds looking for food after the devastating bushfire season down there??

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that it is directly related… we have a similar situation up here with Red-tailed Black Cockatoos since Cyclone Yasi almost 10 years ago now – never considered a Cairns suburban bird prior to Yasi, they’re now here yearly in several wandering company flocks of 50-100 birds and stay for six months every year!!

I hope that you’re well…

Cheers, martin

Trinity Beach, Cairns, FNQ

Martin Cachard