birding-aus

Eastern Yellow Robin call

To: Greg and Val Clancy <>
Subject: Eastern Yellow Robin call
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:24:23 +1100
Hi Greg, Mike and all,

I don’t have the reference to hand but I remember reading that White-plumeds’ pre-dawn calls have been found to vary greatly from place to place - even within a short distance - while the more well-known daytime calls are less variable. Personally, in some places I’ve heard them make calls before sunrise that I wouldn’t have recognised as White-plumed closer to home, only working out what they were by a process of elimination and the fact that whatever was calling seemed to be the dominant species.

Cheers,
Carol