birding-aus

Any ideas?

To: "'Brian Fleming'" <>, "'David Jackson and Jenny Watson'" <>, "'Greg and Val Clancy'" <>, "'Tone'" <>
Subject: Any ideas?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 22:24:59 +1100
I also believe it is a female Hooded Robin. I suspect too much white in
tail, or more to the point, white showing in too many feathers, for a female
Red-capped Robin and the arrangement of black and white in the tail appears
to me to be closer to that of a Hooded Robin. Certainly one of those two,
they surely would both be regulars at Cocoparra NP. But the shape, on that
one photo, looks more like the dumpy shape of a Red-capped Robin than
typical of a Hooded Robin. Even so, I suspect the tail pattern is a stronger
character than the shape. Unless I am wrong of course.

Not a Western (or any other) Gerygone.

And yes I recall Yellow Robin there also.

Philip