birding-aus

Any ideas?

To: <>, "Brian Fleming" <>
Subject: Any ideas?
From: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 19:16:14 +1100
While I agree it has many features of a female Hooded Robin I believe that the colour and shape is more that of an immature female Red-capped Robin.

Regards

Greg Clancy

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Fleming
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:31 PM

Looks to me like female Hooded Robin.

It's a long time since we camped at Cocopara -  thirty years?. I can
never forget climbing up from a shady gully where we saw Yellow Robins
(their westernmost distribution) up onto a rocky height where we found
both Hooded and Red-capped Robins in cypress-pines.

Anthea Fleming