birding-aus

Help with a Blue Mountains Bird

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Help with a Blue Mountains Bird
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 22:42:32 +1100
Yes a good question Peter. I think the belief is that is was collectors. It
does seem strange that a whole population was obliterated in this way, but
that’s the story I was told.

I also wanted to correct an error from my previous message regarding Olive
Whistler distribution. It seems the southern limit of the northern subspecies
is Barrington/Gloucester Tops - there’s very little evidence for them occurring
in the Watagans. This means the gap in their distribution is even larger than I
suggested. Any reports from the Blue Mountains should require good
documentation to be taken seriously.

Cheers,

Carol

<HR>