birding-aus

Donald Kimball - Bridge Cameras

To: "" <>
Subject: Donald Kimball - Bridge Cameras
From: "Innes, Angus" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 10:22:16 +0000
Donald, and Others,

Please share the bridge camera responses with us all.

As, the user of a several years old Sony Cybershot Bridge Camera (a mere x35
magnification), I am aware that the current crop of Bridge cameras have far
more grunt in the zoom department - some up to x83 optical.

I was put on to my camera by Greg Roberts, (sunshinecoastbirds.blogspot.com )
who, then,  illustrated his trip reports with great, and sufficient, shots from
a Sony Cybershot. As I usually lug a telescope as well as binoculars, I wanted
the lightest camera that would "do the job". i.e. record shots, and followed
Greg's example.

(Subsequently, Greg told me that he moved up to a Canon DSLR and gets even
better pics.)

I am still wedded to a bridge camera for my purposes. However, I am always
thinking of possible update, particularly attracted by a bit more zoom.

I include below three web links that all review 10 or so Bridge cameras from
last year's crop. It is noteworthy that the camera purists put the higher zoom
lens cameras at the bottom of the heap, whereas I, as a birder, need the higher
zoom capacity as a top priority. I am prepared to trade a bit of photo
perfection for the extra reach, so often needed in birding. Consequently I am
very interested to hear from birders with experience using the newer higher
optical zoom capacity Bridge cameras..

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-bridge-camera-1259503

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/the-best-bridge-cameras

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-11-best-ultra-zoom-bridge-digital-cameras-2018-16928

Angus Innes.,

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should
still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under
the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation.  Email
messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may
also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business
purposes.

To report this email as SPAM, please forward it to
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>