birding-aus

Gunbower NP

To: "" <>
Subject: Gunbower NP
From: Geoff Leslie <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:39:43 +0000
Hi Bill, I spent many years birding in the Gunbower NP. You do not need a
4-WD, the tracks are easy except when wet. I usually came from the
Koondrook end at the downstream side and my favourite spot was the Eagle
Tree - the tallest tree on the Island about 5km in (but you'd need someone
to show you how to get there). The whole forest is uniformly re-growth red
gums and there is often a lot of trees between the birds. In the Cherry
Ballart thickets at times we got Gilbert's Whistler and White-browed
Babblers. The uniformity of vegetation means it is hard to specify key
places to go. Just drive till you see something.

--
Geoff Leslie

<HR>