birding-aus

Parrot population data and a question for birding aus members

To: Penny Brockman <>
Subject: Parrot population data and a question for birding aus members
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 22:17:32 +0000
I have looked at some data from the COG Garden Bird Survey (which includes
measures of both numbers of birds x species and number of observer weeks)
for Crimson Rosella and Gang-gang Cockatoo in the broad Canberra area.  The
data covered the first 30 years of the survey.

To my surprise adjusting for observer effort doesn't affect the pattern of
numbers recorded greatly.  April-May is still well above September-October
for both species.  So other factors must be in play.

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list