birding-aus

Nikon Monarch 7 binoculars

To: "" <>
Subject: Nikon Monarch 7 binoculars
From: Graeme Chapman <>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 05:53:14 +0000
Peter,

Care should be taken when referring to models of Nikon binocs.

Nikon Monarch and Nikon Monarch 7s are totally different.

The Monarch 7s are nearly double the price of ordinary Monarchs and indeed
according to their specs are very good.

I have had two pairs of the ordinary Monarchs, ordinary being the key word, but
adequate. One of them we still have, but the other pair, purchased at the same
time, stopped focussing within a year and they had never even been outside!

Nikon Monarch 5  8 x 42 are currently on special at B & H for US$247, ordinary
perhaps but adequate, and certainly good value. Works out at less than $350
landed.

Cheers

Graeme
<HR>