birding-aus

Spring in Mulgoa Valley

To: michael hunter <>
Subject: Spring in Mulgoa Valley
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 14:20:11 +0000
Hi Michael et al.

The departure of the horse people may well have resulted in the Sparrow
decline. Lots of grain and grain portions in horse dung. People, who, in
the days of horse transportation , who gathered horse and oxen dung for
sale to gardeners, were known colloquially as 'Sparrow Starvers'.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>