birding-aus

Flame robins/Scarlet robins

To: "" <>
Subject: Flame robins/Scarlet robins
From: Paul Doyle <>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:59:59 +0000
Hi all,

Was in Perisher for some skiing on the weekend. On the way there, above the
snowline (within the last 10k before reaching Perisher) I saw several robins
on the roadside in the snow (singly, not a group) which I assumed to be
Flame Robins. I was with the family, so did not have the opportunity to stop
for a close look.

Then out the window of our lodge (at Perisher) saw another one hopping about
on the snow - didn't have binos and again did not take a very close look.

On my return, I realised, based on range, that they could have been Scarlet
Robins. Both apparently disperse from the high ground in Winter.

Any ideas which I may have been looking at?

Thanks

Paul.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list