birding-aus

Letter-winged Kite at Terrick Terrick NP (Vic)

To: 'Martin Butterfield' <>, 'Peter Shute' <>
Subject: Letter-winged Kite at Terrick Terrick NP (Vic)
From: "Ross Macfarlane (TPG)" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:01:39 +0000
My Dad (Neil Macfarlane) and the late Jack Hayward from the Mid-Murray Field
Naturalists had a letter published in The Australian Bird Watcher in July
1971 about behaviour changes in black-shouldered kite and other raptors in
the Victorian Mallee during a 1970 mouse plague. It notes a big increase in
the population of what was "a rather rare and sporadic visitor", as well as
increases in spotted harriers, nankeen kestrels and brown falcons. I have a
copy and could email the pdf to anyone who wants it.