birding-aus

Oceanwide Ross Sea Expedition 2017

To: 'Birding Aus' <>
Subject: Oceanwide Ross Sea Expedition 2017
From: Gil Langfield <>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 04:10:48 +0000
I was perhaps the only serious passenger birder on the 32-day Ross Sea
Expedition, 15 Feb to 17 March, from Bluff, NZ, to Campbell Island, the Ross
Sea, then parallel to the Antarctic Coast to Peter I Island, the Antarctic
Peninsular and ending in Ushuaia.  My main reason to go was to see an
Emperor Penguin and we saw between 50 and 100 of these in the Ross Sea and
Ice Shelf area.  An added bonus was a lost and moulting Erect-crested
Penguin on Campbell Island, completing my list of the  18 IOC penguins.

Should anyone wish more information about this expedition, please contact me
directly,

Regards,

Gil Langfield

Melbourne, Australia