birding-aus

St Petersburg

To: Brian & Meg <>
Subject: St Petersburg
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 02:38:39 +0000
Brian and Meg, my only recent Russian contact is Dr. Nikolai Drozdov, a
biologist.

I can’t find my contact details for him, but as far as I know he is still a
professor at Moscow State University, so try there.  He and I did some
television work together some years ago, so it might help to mention my name.

Also I’d suggest that you learn some Russian.  Apart from helping to break down
barriers, it’s one of the world’s most poetic languages.

Merry Christmas.

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

On 23 Dec 2016, at 9:07 am, Brian & Meg <> wrote:

> It seems like there will be lots of Aussies over in St Petersburg next year.
> Meg & I will also be there and we’re lucky enough to be there twice – for 3
> days towards the end of June and then 2 days during the 2nd week of July.
> I’ve been doing research through eBird and the Net with some success but it
> seems that very few birdos write up a report of their travels around that
> area. I’ll definitely be posting our sightings to eBird when we get back.  We
> are also interested in this thread so please keep the replies coming. We’ll
> also be in Moscow for 3 days so would appreciate any help there as well.
> Cheers
> Brian & Meg
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list