birding-aus

Musk Lorikeets in Sydney and species diversity

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Musk Lorikeets in Sydney and species diversity
From: storm <>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 04:11:34 +0000
hi Peter,

I don't know.

The current food shortage is effecting an unusually large area - they are
not usually range wide. However, if we had a more natural, ecologically
diverse range of species perhaps something would be flowering. As it is,
Forestry plant a restricted range of species. Of course, we also have
concreted large areas of the coast that would once have been various types
of forests.

So it's possible that less habitat destruction would still see widespread
starvation, but it's also possible that within the areas that are no longer
forested, there would be something that was flowering.

A diversely reforested east coast is a hypothetical place I'd like to see.
Of course, it will remain hypothetical.

Storm

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list