birding-aus

Musk Lorikeets in Sydney and species diversity

To: Andy Burton <>, Chris Lloyd <>
Subject: Musk Lorikeets in Sydney and species diversity
From: Tim Hosking <>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 22:02:03 +0000
Not quite Sydney, but the past 5 years the Dubbo area (urban and surrounds) has
been experiencing unheard-of waves of Musks in Springtime.  Not every year, but
maybe 3 in 5?

When we next update the Dubbo bird list, we'll be seriously considering moving
the local species status from 'rare visitor' to 'uncommon visitor'.
http://www.dubbofieldnats.org.au/publications/Dubbo%20Bird%20List%20Oct2010.pdf

Cheers Tim

Tim Hosking
Vice President, Dubbo Field Naturalist and Conservation Society
   0438600837