birding-aus

Ravens in Sydney - June 2016

To: Tom Wilson <>
Subject: Ravens in Sydney - June 2016
From: Andy Burton <>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 08:06:11 +0000
That’s an unusual size for a flock of Australian Ravens in Sydney. I suspect
that small numbers of Little Ravens might be moving in to Sydney but can’t
prove it. I have possibly been hearing them in west Roseville over the past few
years. In my experience Little Ravens are more likely to flock in large numbers
than are Aust Ravens.

Andy

> On 26 Jun 2016, at 5:15 PM, Tom Wilson <> wrote:
>
> Hi All
> if anybody has lost their Ravens, I’d be much obliged if they came round to
> my house and reclaimed their birds!  Clearly the local Australian Ravens had
> a good season – I saw a gang of about 30 earlier today and I have observed
> several groups not much smaller than that around my house (North Turramurra),
> work and where I swim 2x a week (Macquarie Park).  They seem to be a lot more
> prevalent (or obviously present) than in previous winters - any suggestions?
> Cheers
> Tom Wilson
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list