birding-aus

Migrating honeyeaters

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Migrating honeyeaters
From: Bob Ashford <>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 08:16:00 +0000
Hi
Interesting watching this thread
I live on Berry Mountain (escarpment) just north of Nowra & Jervis Bay
There have been steady streams of YFHE's passing through heading south.
I do 20 min counts every other day and, of course, keep an eye out all the time
for whatever might be flying.
Small groups of around 6 are passing through quite regularly. A conservative
estimate about 150 - 200 most days recently.
I've heard WNHE but not seen them, yet!
Interestingly on the 14th at Fitzroy Falls two of us had excellent views of a
Black-chinned HE. First I have seen in this region (Shoalhaven, Illawarra,
Wingecarribie) ever.
Cheers
Bob