birding-aus

Spotted Dove Subspecies

To: "" <>
Subject: Spotted Dove Subspecies
From: James Mustafa Jazz Orchestra <>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:28:37 +0000
Hi Birding-Aus,

I've recently noticed on the Birdlife subspecies list, that it lists two
different subspecies of the introduced Spotted Dove - both the *Eastern
Asian Spotted Dove* (*S. c. chinensis*) and the *Southern Asian Spotted
Dove* (*S. c. ceylonensis*). My question is, were two different subspecies
introduced or is one the common feral mainland bird and the other a vagrant
to somewhere like Christmas/Cocos etc.

All the best,

*James Mustafa*

m. 0400 951 517