birding-aus

Emailing: IMG_05361, IMG_05371, IMG_05381, IMG_05431, IMG_05651, IMG_056

To: Barney Enders <>, "" <>
Subject: Emailing: IMG_05361, IMG_05371, IMG_05381, IMG_05431, IMG_05651, IMG_05661, IMG_05351
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 01:00:18 +0000
Dear Barney - thank you for the photos.  As you say, they are clearly
Dusky Moorhens and the Coot does not seem upset by their presence and
seems to be  sharing the weed quite amicably.  I think that is quite
unusual. There must have been no shortage of food there. Thanks again.
Best wishes,
Anthea Fleming

On 29/01/2016 11:09 AM, Barney Enders wrote:
> Hi, as you can see by the photos they are certainly Moorhens and Coots they
> look nothing like each other and are adults.
> If I had thought there was going to be some doubt of what we saw I would
> have taken a few more as they were right in front of us every day but
> I was more interested in a starving young Sea-Eagle who I thought might not
> survive.
>
> Hope to hear back from you with your thoughts.
> Barney.
>

> Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
> attachments:
>
> IMG_05361  Shows the coot having just fed the two Moorhens.
> IMG_05371  Shows the Coot has just fed the one on its left and turning to
> feed the one on its right.
> IMG_05381   "                   "                        "
> "                                           ""
> IMG_05431   This is certainly not a Coot
> IMG_05651   Shows the Coot who has just popped up like a cork with the
> Moorhen waiting to be fed. ( Can see it has just surfaced by the splash of
> water)
> IMG_05661   Coot watching the Moorhen eating.
> IMG_05351       "           "                      "              "
>

> Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent
> sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail
> security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>