birding-aus

Help Needed.

To: "" <>
Subject: Help Needed.
From: Barney Enders <>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 00:09:25 +0000
Yes,  by all means any support whether it be cash or a bag of seed would be
appreciated.

Imagine the cost of feeding 20 Owls, Kites, Kestrels plus a hungry
Wedge-tail, a lot of Rats, Mice and Rabbits needed.

Has many Cockatoos, Corellas, Galahs and Parrots due to car injuries when
they are feeding on spilt grain on the roadsides.

They badly need to expand with more holding cages and aviaries etc as the
rescue numbers are increasing and they need more room.

You can see by the photos of the Kookaburras, the cages are a bit primitive
but they do the job.

Did you read the great rescue story on the web site of the three Kookaburras
hatched in the outside Pizza Oven at Rushworth, when the
parents couldn’t find a suitable hollow to nest in.

Kirsty tells of the shortage of old trees with nesting hollows in them in
the Ironbark Forrest in the area.

These two dedicated women have their hearts in the right spot.

Barney