birding-aus

Is anyone else sick of BirdLife Australia marketing?

To: "" <>
Subject: Is anyone else sick of BirdLife Australia marketing?
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 04:25:44 +0000
Dear Birders

It is really very easy to just junk the begging emails. Don't be so
easily aggravated. Somehow or other every NGO has to raise money to
support its activities.  Like others I don't like receiving endless
begging letters from BLA or any other group - about 8 NGOs (or more)
regularly email me to write letters or donate. I write when I agree but
always junk donations as I am a pensioner and money only goes so far.  I
support birding activities and conservation activities by physical means
(time, vehicle use, etc) as well as petitions/letters.

I would like BLA to have an opt-out for posted begging letters, just to
save on costs.  It's an appalling waste of resources although I guess
they balance that against what comes in.  I can't imagine any
organisation spending more on begging appeals than they receive - would
they be that crazy?

So, yes, join BLA, join in the discussion with them, understand what
they are doing and join in what they are doing. There are quite a few
on-going conservation activities that they run, either through the local
State branch or head office.
Or set up your own local conservation activity - regeneration of
habitat, a stall with information on birds at your local market, talking
to school children, planting your garden with habitat for birds, talking
to your local Council about bird related projects.....the list can be
extended to meet all sorts of bird related needs.

But please don't just winge.....

Penny in Gloucester

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list