birding-aus

Freckled Duck

To: Terry Witt <>
Subject: Freckled Duck
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 23:34:57 +0000
HI Terry

You should get both ducks at Western Treatment Plant, but a good bakc up
plan is Lake Lorne at Drysdale (Bellarine Peninsula, the other side of
Geelong from WTP). Blue-bills breed there, and Freckled Duck has been there
regularly, though I haven't checked for a couple of months. Perhaps someone
else on the list can give you recent info. I may get a chance to check for
myself this weekend

Cheers

Russell

On 14 November 2015 at 02:17, Terry Witt <> wrote:

> I will be arriving in Melbourne on Nov 16 and plan to spend a couple of
> weeks birding in Victoria.  I know how valuable local knowledge can be, and
> one of many species I will be hunting is Freckled Duck.  I noted a couple
> of sightings from W Victoria on Eremaea, and I will eventually be headed
> that way.  I plan to spend Nov 18th at Werribee.  Am also searching for
> Blue-billed Duck.  Any recent sightings appreciated.
> Cheers
> Terry WittMurfreesboro Tn USA
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list