birding-aus

Vancouver Island and Seattle birding

To: 'IROE' <>, "" <>
Subject: Vancouver Island and Seattle birding
From: Paul Dodd <>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:05:12 +0000
Hi Ian,

You can't go past Sibley, in my opinion. Also, there is a Sibley for Western
North America, which is slightly thinner (and lighter) than the full Sibley.
Also, if you're a smartphone app person, Sibley has an iPhone and Android
app using exactly the same software as the Morcombe app uses in Australia.

You'll probably need a bird finder too. National Geographic has an OK one -
I'm not at home, but will check when I get there to see which one we have
used.

You *MUST* do a whale-watching trip out of Victoria. Not just for the
whales, but for the possibility of seeing Tufted Puffins and Rhinoceros
Auklets.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria