birding-aus

Merlin Bird Photo ID

To: Laurie Knight <>
Subject: Merlin Bird Photo ID
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 02:35:38 +0000
And if you want to try it out with your North American pix, the Beta version's
page is found here......
http://merlin.allaboutbirds.org/photo-id/?utm_source=Cornell+Lab+eNews&utm_campaign=42cc5d93ea-Cornell_Lab_eNews_2015_6_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_47588b5758-42cc5d93ea-301287057

Soon, you won't have to go into the field to bird. Just wind up the drone and
let the software do the rest, while you put your feet up and go through
Facebook.

Carl Clifford

> On 11 Jun 2015, at 5:58 am, Laurie Knight <> wrote:
>
> The latest in birding IT for North American sightings ...
>
> Cornell Lab eNews
> June 2015
>
> Introducing Merlin Bird Photo ID
>
> "We've been working on a new bird photo ID feature for the Merlin app, and
> we're ready for you try it on our test website! Just upload a photo, click on
> the bird’s bill, eye, and tail, and let computer vision help you ID the bird.
> It currently recognizes 400 common North American bird species. Because it's
> powered by machine learning techniques, it gets “smarter” the more people use
> it. Help us improve the accuracy so we can add it to the Merlin app some day!
> Try Photo ID."
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>