birding-aus

I am trying to find some birds

To: "" <>
Subject: I am trying to find some birds
From: Elliot Leach <>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 05:06:22 +0000
Turqs are usually along Old Wallangarra Rd, near Girraween NP. A bit closer
to the freeway and Stanthorpe than Sundown. A good place to look is around
the junction with Hickling Lane, but the whole section from here back to
the highway is good as well.

Eungella HE should be found fairly easily around the carpark at the end of
Mt Dalrymple Rd - that's where I would go first. If you have no luck here,
try along Diggings Rd in the afternoon (on the way to Broken River from
Eungella, look out for the turn on the right). About 500m up along this
road there is a big turning spot - if you reach here you've gone a bit far.
The best advice I can give is to learn the call, they are pretty easy to
get onto when you know it.

Can't help with the Cassowary, I've only ever had sighting (of an adult
with chicks!) along the Cape Trib Rd somewhere, and I agree with Martin's
spots for the Lyrebird :)

Good luck!

elliot

On 5 June 2015 at 08:06, <> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am heading north and looking to fill a few holes in my bird list. A
> Turquoise Parrot as we are heading towards Toowoomba on the way north. The
> Eungella Honeyeater. The Cassowary I am hoping to get at Mission Beach. And
> on the way back Albert’s Lyrebird. Any help gratefully received!
>

> Christina Port
>

> Sent from Windows Mail
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list