birding-aus

I am trying to find some birds

To: "" <>
Subject: I am trying to find some birds
From: david taylor <>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 04:09:32 +0000
Hi Christina

Alberts Lyrebird

Best and most reliable spot I know for Alberts Lyrebird is the Witches Falls
circuit at Tambourine Mountain

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/tamborine/about.html#witches_falls_circuit

Park in the main car park and take the high end track in - even along the back
of the houses not far in is quite reliable

Torquoise Parrots

Reasonably close to Toowoomba try Durikai State Forest between Inglewood and
Warwick - not easy to get but they are around - will come in to drink generally
early morning at the waterholes close to the highway

http://www.davidsbirdingimages.com/Australian_bird_images/Photography_sites_1.html

Contact me if you want more specific directions on the waterhole locations

Cheers

David Taylor
Brisbane

On 5 Jun 2015, at 8:06 am,  wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am heading north and looking to fill a few holes in my bird list. A
> Turquoise Parrot as we are heading towards Toowoomba on the way north. The
> Eungella Honeyeater. The Cassowary I am hoping to get at Mission Beach. And
> on the way back Albert’s Lyrebird. Any help gratefully received!
>

> Christina Port
>

> Sent from Windows Mail
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list