birding-aus

hearing grey butcherbird in cbd melbourne

To: berenice pearcy <>, Bill Stent <>
Subject: hearing grey butcherbird in cbd melbourne
From: Janine Duffy <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 00:59:57 +0000
   We've had a breeding pair of Grey Butcherbirds in the tramway park near
   Ingles Street, Port Melbourne for a few years now.  They regularly
   raise two babies.
   It is lovely to hear that maniacal call every day!
   Janine

   --

   JANINE DUFFY Director Marketing ECHIDNA WALKABOUT PO Box 370 Port
   Melbourne,  Victoria  3207  AUSTRALIA

   [5]berenice pearcy
   Thursday, 4 June 2015 9:50 AM

   Hi all
   a really nice thing happened just now. I was on the corner of
   Exibition and Collins
   and I heard a grey butcher bird singing. Cause of the echo and the
   distance the birds voice travels, I couldn't detect its where abouts.
   I had to go off to work anyway. But it made me happy, it was a great
   surprise.
   kindly berenice
   <HR>
   <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list