birding-aus

hearing grey butcher bird in cbd melbourne

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: hearing grey butcher bird in cbd melbourne
From: Bill Stent <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 00:02:09 +0000
The CBD often produces surprises. I work at the Parliament building on
Spring street and we often have nice birds around.

Yesterday there were a few Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos hanging
around the Treasury gardens. In the past we've had Powerful Owls and
Sacred Kingfishers, and there are always Rainbow Lorikeets there.
There are often Kookaburras at the park on MacArthur street (the
continuation of Collins Street). For a while there was a pair of
Kestrels at the Scots church at Russell and Collins.

Happy hunting!

Bill

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 9:50 AM, berenice pearcy
<> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> a really nice thing happened just now.  I was on the corner of
> Exibition and Collins
> and I heard a grey butcher bird singing.  Cause of the echo and the
> distance the birds voice travels, I couldn't detect  its where abouts.
> I had to go off to work anyway.  But it made me happy, it was a great
> surprise.
>

> kindly  berenice
>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list