birding-aus

Marbled Frogmouth & Albert's Lyrebird in Nightcap NP, NSW

To: "" <>
Subject: Marbled Frogmouth & Albert's Lyrebird in Nightcap NP, NSW
From: Marc Anderson <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 00:10:52 +0000
Last week I did some audio recording of sounds in Nightcap NP, northern
NSW. I wasn't expecting the Marbled Frogmouths to be as vocal at this
time of year but they called quite frequently late at night (between
1-3am captured on autonomous recorder) . Here's a link to one of the
calls on xeno-canto, this bird was evidently quite close to the mics as
you can hear the softer notes leading up to the typical 'turkey getting
it's head chopped-off' call -

http://www.xeno-canto.org/246368

Albert's Lyrebird were very vocal, and the local Nightcap NP accent
starts with a lovely ascending series of notes -

http://www.xeno-canto.org/247361

--
Marc Anderson

Wild Ambience