birding-aus

Field Guide app for Ecuador and Peru

To: Rob Gully <>
Subject: Field Guide app for Ecuador and Peru
From: Harry Nyström <>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:39:31 +0200
Hi Rob,

This site is extremely helpful when travelling, as it lists all birding
apps for Android and iOS (shortened url, perfectly safe):
http://goo.gl/K0QCxd

It lists nothing related to Peru, but you can get an app for Ecuador (only
for iPad, straight url to iTunes):
http://goo.gl/ooIzbe

Also for Windows Phone, several applications can be found, e.g.
Sibley eGuide to birds of North America
Audubon Birds - A Field Guide to North American Birds
iBird Guide to Birds of North America
Birds of New Zealand
Australian Birds (Morcombe)
RSPB eGuide to British Birds
Birds of the Middle East
Birds of India
Birds of East Africa
Sasol eBirds of Southern Africa
Sasol eBirds of the Kruger National Park
Birds of Trinidad and Tobago
Endemic Birds of Sri Lanka
Birds in Europe

Cheers,
-Harry

> I will be travelling to Ecuador and Peru later this year and would like an
> app for birds of this region. I have books of both The Birds of Euador
> Field
> Guide by Ridgely and Greenfield and also Birds of Peru (Princeton Field
> Guide) but these are both quite large and an app would be much more
> convenient.
>

> Rob Gully
>
> 0434 140 880
>

> <HR>