birding-aus

Bizarre views

To: "" <>
Subject: Bizarre views
From: "calyptorhynchus ." <>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:30:13 +1100
I've never understood the obsession of people with the private sector. When
you see that private sector organisations can rebadge themselves, shut
down, merge, split , go offshore and that no private sector organisation
lasts in any stable form for long, you realise that they cannot have
long-term goals, and you also realise that only governments can do anything
useful in the long term. The Commonwealth of Australia is going to be
around for the long term (I wish the states weren't going to be, but that's
another debate), but the private sector will blow about according to
economic trends, and its goals are simply to make money (largely by selling
people people stuff they don't need).

I hope that pretty soon we're going to see an end to this tiresome
anti-government ideology and actually have governments properly funding
services such as nature conservation.

John Leonard

--
John Leonard
Canberra

I want to be with the 9,999 other things.
<HR>
<BR>