birding-aus

Feral Cat Kills Night Parrot

To: Tony Palliser <>, 'Peter Morgan' <>
Subject: Feral Cat Kills Night Parrot
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:10:02 +1100
thanx for that Tony,
let's hope that these guys get something suitable developed for the rest of the
country as well where 1080 is more dangerous to non-target natives.

if any "cat lovers" object to any such baiting programs then they need to be
fought off with all the available evidence so that such a baiting regime
becomes common-place all over the country with more than a hint of urgency...
all domestic pet cats should be registered & de-sexed by law, & patrolled for
by councils in the same way as dogs... then the pool of potential feral cats
will be limited over time as well...surely this isn't rocket science!!

cheers, martin cachard, cairns

> To: ;
> CC: ;
> Subject: RE: [Birding-Aus] Feral Cat Kills Night Parrot
> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:37:23 +1100
>
> This just arrived in my in box.  How timely
>
> http://focusingonwildlife.com/news/threatened-species-given-lifeline-by-new-bait-developed-to-kill-feral-cats/
>
> Cheers,
> Tony

<HR>