birding-aus

Sand Plovers at Lake Wollumboola

To: Neil Shelley <>
Subject: Sand Plovers at Lake Wollumboola
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:50:39 +1000
Also Harvey that rule of thumb about "assume it's a lesser" only works for
the east coast of Australia.  In Broome the lesser is much fewer in numbers
and the greater's dominate.  Worth getting a feel for the relative bill
length and taking a minute to be thankful we don't have to guess leg
lengths like in some parts of the world.

Thanks Neil for that data it confirms my field experience and puts it into
a pretty understandable format!

Cheers,
Chris

<HR>