birding-aus

John Young Night Parrot talk in Melbourne

Subject: John Young Night Parrot talk in Melbourne
From: Christopher Watson <>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 15:23:23 +1100
G'day everyone,

**I have a commercial interest in this event in the sense that I need to
recover the cost of organising it.**

John Young will be present at the Deakin Edge auditorium at Federation
Square on Sunday 1st of March to deliver his Night Parrot talk to a
Melbourne audience for the first time. You can purchase tickets online and
they will be available for collection from the door of the venue from 6pm
on the night. Doors will open at 6:45pm and John will start the magic at
7pm.

Now 18+ months on from his initial announcement, he and Dr Steve Murphy
have made numerous further discoveries on-site including the discovery of
at least 2 more populations of the bird.

John will present a talk detailing his journey in search of the bird and
his eventual first sighting, including several unpublished photographs and
the only existing video footage of the species.

There will also be limited edition prints of John's photographs of the bird
available for purchase at $300 (cash only).

Tickets are available online now from my website at
http://www.chriswatson.com.au/shop/night-parrot-presentation-ticket

Having recently moved down from Alice Springs I look forward to meeting a
good cross-section of Melbourne's birding community for what should be a
very interesting night.

Cheers,

Chris Watson

--