birding-aus

Aus App Field Guides

To: Carol Abbott <>
Subject: Aus App Field Guides
From: Rod Warnock <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:09:42 +1100
Carol,my experience with Pizzey and Knight on a HTC has not been good and
is roughly similar to your experience added to that the requirement  to be
regularly on the Internet as the app also requires to connect with the
Google Play Store licence server at least once in 30 days.
When working it is great but it is spasmodic.
Rod Warnock

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Carol Abbott <> wrote:

> I have Pizzey and Knight on a Samsung phone and find that the screen
> freezes so that when I try to look at a bird I can tap - sometimes for 2
> mins, without a response- so it is unreliable. I thought it was the android
> phone, but have heard of other people having this problem. I also have a
> problem finding the bird I want on the screen as they have placed 3 or 4
> birds on the one screen and without swapping glasses, I cannot read the
> text - even after changing the text to the largest available. Thus I don't
> know which of the 3/4 birds I want to look for.Once the single bird is on
> the screen, the text is lovely and clear, but frustrating having to tap on
> 4 other birds, to get to the one I want.
> I have Morcombe on my Ipod  and it works well. It is always responsive and
> the text is large enough to be able to find the bird required with one tap.
> I think I prefer the calls on PK.
> Both have there pros and cons and having bought Pizzey for my phone so that
> I don't have to carry two devises with me, I am carrying two devices
> anyway!
> Carol Abbott
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list