birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 00:05:06 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, January 5, 2015 to Sunday, January 11, 2015:

Area: SA

Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Location: Granite Island, Victor Harbor.

Buff-banded Rail (Gallirallus philippensis) (2) As we walked round Granite
Island a single bird walked slowly across the path about 5m in front of us. I
thought this was note worthy, this being very dry habitat, but when we got to
the kiosk a second bird was feeding under the tables and hopping up onto the
wicker chairs and exploring the crevices. It came within half a metre of us and
even closer to the feet of a couple of customers sitting at one of the tables!

Mistletoebird (Dicaeum hirundinaceum) (1) A single bird on the seaward side of
the island seemed out of place in such a bare habitat and was rapidly chased
away by a Singing Honey-eater.

Reported by: Jeffrey Crocker on Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Need more information about a sighting? Login and contact the poster directly.

Receive sightings via email or SMS immediately they are posted.

Not a member of Birdpedia? Membership is free and gives you access to
information for over 230 countries.

To sign up go to the Birdpedia Web Site (http://www.birdpedia.com/).

To find out more about Birdpedia and what it can do for you, see 'What is
Birdpedia?'