birding-aus

Unusual Galah behaviour

To: "Graeme Chapman" <>
Subject: Unusual Galah behaviour
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 10:58:41 +1000
Greetings Graeme

First, my apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you - Fay and I
have been up to the "proverbials" in birding and clearing up after the New
Year madness.  Many thanks for your email regarding that pair of Galahs.

We did return to the tree in question shortly after the rain ceased [9.5mm
in the space of an hour or so] but there was no sign of either bird.  We'll
return again in the next day or so.

If by the "book" you mean Ian Rowley's "The Galah," I already have a copy,
as mentioned in my email to Stephen, although I was in error when I referred
to having a number of his other tomes.  On checking I find that I have
confused Ian Rowley with Ian Newton [the author of a number of monographs on
raptors].

I have had the pleasure of browsing through you website on a number of
previous occasions.  At the moment I have a small problem with over-usage of
my download limits and will await the restoration of full speed [not that
it's very fast out here in rural Queensland] on 10.01.15.

Cheers

Julian
www.birdingsouthburnett.com
@osprey00