birding-aus

Yellow Wagtails....c.20+ individuals - Darwin +Grey Wag

To: "" <>
Subject: Yellow Wagtails....c.20+ individuals - Darwin +Grey Wag
From: colin trainor <>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:07:43 +0930
Hi -

On NT-Birding, up to around 20 Yellow Wags have been reported from Snipe Lagoon
today.

Also 1 Grey Wag at Charles Darwin Uni over the past week...

thanks,
Colin

Re: Yellow WagtailsExpand Messagesmick.jerramToday at 5:02 PMDecided
 to have a look at Snipe/Knuckeys early this morning to check out the
Wagtails.  Luke was right about the 'at least 8'. I spent a pleasant
couple of hours scanning. Still being conservative I had counted 12
before Mike Jarvis arrived.  We are estimating 20+ and very active.
 Once there was a small flock of 7 moving.Some have some nice colouring on the
throat, a lot seemed to be young birds, similar to the one seen at
Copperfield.There were quite a few Bushlarks with some nice rich colour, 3
White-browed Crakes, 1 Snipe and other usuals.Ive never seen these numbers of
wagtails in Oz before, so its a bit of a novelty for me.Always optimistic for a
chat also :-) or a Citrine!!

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>