birding-aus

2014 VicTwitch - 10 birds to go....

To: "" <>
Subject: 2014 VicTwitch - 10 birds to go....
From: James Mustafa <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 15:23:20 +1100
Hi Birding-Aus community,

After collecting a Terek Sandpiper from Black Rock Reserve and Aus
Figbird/Wedge-tailed Shearwater/Glossy Black Cocky/Brush Cuckoo/Topknot
Pigeon from Mallacoota, I've now only 10 birds to go to set a new record
for Victorian Big Years.

Next week on Thursday 13th November, I'll be giving a presentation on my
2014 VicTwitch thus far at the Melbourne BirdLife meeting (Carlton). Would
be good to see some friendly faces and anyone with information and help for
some of my final birds! Details at this link -
http://birdlifemelbourne.org.au/activities/

With just shy of two months to go, the chase is really on! Our Mallacoota
Pelagic was cancelled but we're hopefully able to organise one more before
the year is out. I'm currently putting out questions again for some of my
remaining target species! These include Red-chested Buttonquail, Salvin's
Albatross, Southern Giant-petrel, Black Bittern, Striated Heron, Lesser
Sandplover, Great Sand Plover, Inland Dotterel, Plains-wanderer, Great
Knot, Aus Pratincole, Pomarine Jaeger, Long-tailed Jaeger, Brown
Cuckoo-dove, Elegant Parrot, Budgerigar, Crimson Chat, Pied Honeyeater,
Ground Cuckooshrike...etc etc.

My entire list, details, photos info etc are available on my blog -
http://jamesmustafabirding.blogspot.com.au

Appreciate everyone's help so please contact me any time on 0400 951 517 or
by email at

All the best and happy birding!
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list