birding-aus

Sydney Fox Rescue?

To: "Carl Clifford" <>, "martin cachard" <>
Subject: Sydney Fox Rescue?
From: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:15:39 +1100
The problem is that by rescuing foxes instead of humanely euthanizing them we run the risk of changing people's attitudes to the point where there will be a call for the cute and cuddly fox to be protected, like the feral horse issue when we call them (romantically) brumbies. I like horses but not as feral animals damaging delicate ecosystems. Similarly the various deer species that people think are cute are a problem. They may well be cute but they are doing much damage in our parks and reserves.

Regards
Greg

Dr Greg. P. Clancy
Ecologist and Birding-wildlife Guide