birding-aus

Sydney Fox Rescue?

To: 'martin cachard' <>, carl clifford <>, Birding_Aus <>
Subject: Sydney Fox Rescue?
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:38:47 +1100
It appears they also only take very young foxes, and are happy to direct
rescuers of older ones to a local vet. I can guess what will happen to them
there.

They say they check that people must have a fox proof enclosure before they can
take a rescued fox. I guess there's nothing stopping those people then
releasing them later, but at least they'll be de-sexed if they do.

Unless all these precautions are just talk and only serve to make the operation
appear legal, they sound like they do more good than harm, although I can't see
it being more efficient than traditional fox control measures.

Peter Shute

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>