birding-aus

Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update
Date: 1 Sep 2014 07:13:15 +1000
   Birdline Tasmania

   Published sightings for the week ending 31 Aug 2014.

   Sat 30 Aug Tree Martin Alum Cliffs Track (Kingston)
   One bird seen above the cliffs overlooking Taroona. Two seen in same
   area on Sunday 31st.
   Simon Grove
   Blue Petrel, Soft-plumaged Petrel, White-chinned Petrel, Salvin's
   Albatross Eaglehawk Neck Pelagic Trip
   Highlights of today's Eaglehawk Neck pelagic were one Blue Petrel, two
   White-chinned Petrels, one adult Salvin's Albatross, at least one
   Soft-plumaged Petrel and several White-headed Petrels. I will upload a
   full report onto the SOSSA website soon.
   Nikolas Haass and all on board of the Pauletta
   Mon 25 Aug Swift Parrot Taroona Park
   A few calling from flowering bluegums in park and along foreshore.
   Simon Grove
   Sun 24 Aug Little Egret Narawntapu National Park
   Single bird on tidal flats.
   Richard Ashby, Hazel Britton
   Tree Martin Narawntapu National Park
   Handful of birds hunting over the lake, very early.
   Richard Ashby, Hazel Britton
   Sat 23 Aug Wedge-tailed Eagle Bruny Island Main Road (South Island)
   2 Wedge-tailed Eagles sitting beside the road. They flew off as we
   approached; one was clutching a very dark Brush-tailed Possum.
   Kathy Costello, Val La May
   Common Diving Petrel Bruny Island Cruises Trip ex Adventure Bay
   Some only a few metres from the boat on our return trip to Adventure
   Bay.
   Kathy Costello, Val La May
   Wed 20 Aug Peregrine Falcon Hobart
   Riding in a bus near the east end of Davey Street we saw a Peregrine
   Falcon chasing a small flock of feral pigeons.
   Kathy Costello, Val La May
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>